Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ski Season

We took advantage of the holiday weekend to open up our Vermont ski lodging and to get out on the white stuff. Very fine snow at Okemo on Monday (29 November.) Pretty much just one path up and one path down, but several lifts open and a nominal 13 trails, mostly on the upper half, but the snow on the bottom wasn't bad either. So few people skiing and boarding that we almost felt like we had our own private ski resort.

I'm working on a half-sheet farm-scape for a holiday card. Already have the verse written. That part is more intuitive for me than the painting. Working my way through the painting, but today transferred my drawing to 300 lb Arches and started another color study. I'll work up both versions, but the heavier paper will hold up better to my quite wet approach. We're not very good at getting our cards out before Christmas anyway, so I'm not yet too concerned about my timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment